Advanced Production Testing of RF, SoC, and SiP Devices by Joe Kelly

By Joe Kelly

That includes helpful enter from industry-leading businesses and highly-regarded specialists within the box, this first-of-its type source deals skilled engineers a entire knowing of the complex issues in RF, SiP (system-in-package), and SoC (system-on-a-chip) construction checking out which are severe to their paintings related to semiconductor units. The publication covers key dimension thoughts for semiconductor machine trying out and assists engineers in explaining those techniques to administration to assist cut back undertaking rate, time, and assets. in accordance with real-world event and choked with time-saving equations, this in-depth quantity deals pros useful details on crucial themes that experience by no means been offered in one reference prior to.

Show description

Read Online or Download Advanced Production Testing of RF, SoC, and SiP Devices PDF

Similar microwaves books

Foundations of Interconnect and Microstrip Design

Describes the features of microstrip and related planar interconnects, and provides layout equations and techniques that permit the actual parameters to be derived from standards. The 3rd version provides a bit on designing gigahertz price electronic interconnects either off and on chip, and a bankruptcy on coplanar waveguide layout.

Nanometer Frequency Synthesis Beyond the Phase-Locked Loop

Introducing a brand new, pioneering method of built-in circuit designNanometer Frequency Synthesis past Phase-Locked Loop introduces an cutting edge new means of frequency that gives you to open new frontiers in glossy built-in circuit (IC) layout. whereas so much books on frequency synthesis care for the phase-locked loop (PLL), this e-book specializes in the clock sign.

Frequency Conversion of Ultrashort Pulses in Extended Laser-Produced Plasmas

This publication deals a evaluation of using prolonged ablation plasmas as nonlinear media for HHG of high-order harmonic iteration (HHG). The ebook describes the various experimental methods, exhibits the benefits and barriers concerning HHG potency and discusses the actual approaches that happen at longer interplay lengths, together with propagation and quasi-phase matching results.

Additional resources for Advanced Production Testing of RF, SoC, and SiP Devices

Example text

As an example, assume that a DUT (RF power amplifier) is subject to the following conditions: Input power is +2 dBm and it has a dc operating voltage of 3V. As a result, the DUT draws 2,250 mA of current and outputs +34 dBm of RF power. As mentioned earlier, the dBm unit is the common way of specifying power in the RF world. 20) This means that about 37% of the dc power is actually used to amplify the RF signal. The remaining 63% is dissipated as heat. Because the power amplifier is the device that has the highest current consumption in a mobile phone, for instance, systems and design engineers pay a lot of attention to PAE because this Tests and Measurements I: Fundamental RF Measurements 33 is the main factor that causes the battery to drain and therefore reduces a mobile phone’s usable time before it has to be recharged.

4) Under the assumption that the output of the two-port device is terminated (a2 = 0), S11 is called the input reflection coefficient. Under the same assumption, S21 is called the forward transmission coefficient. Also, S22 is the output reflection coefficient if the input of the device is terminated (a1 = 0) and S12 is the reverse transmission coefficient if a1 is assumed to be zero. The term terminated or matched means that the load that is provided to the input of the second port is the complex conjugate of its input impedance.

2, a PLL consists of two programmable dividers, a phase detector, a loop filter, a VCO, and a feedback loop. 12) More theory about PLLs can be found in [2]. We now focus on some key measurements of PLLs in SoC devices. 12), the output frequency of a PLL is determined by the values of the two dividers N and R. Depending on the device and the application, the range of those dividers can be quite large, for instance, from 1 to 65,535. Stepping through all of those values is obviously not practical in a production test.

Download PDF sample

Rated 4.76 of 5 – based on 15 votes

Published by admin